The massage oils have been developed and used in virtually all cultures and their wider benefits they have always been highly appreciated.
Why oils are used in massage?
100% natural oils moisturize, give elasticity, regenerate, soften, nourish the skin and are a great base to add the essential oils prefer not produce any skin irritation and implementation strengthens the body’s defenses.
The benefits of vegetable oils used in massage are endless. It should be borne in mind always use massage oils that are 100% natural, no preservatives and no added chemicals.
Since when oils are used?
Vegetable oils and massage were used in ancient times, also part of the rituals of beauty in different cultures. The Egyptians, Aztecs, Greeks and others, already used it.
Depending on the culture was used either: the Aztecs used Jojoba, Greek olive oil, Arab women used Argan oil, African tribes used the shea butter, etc.
They are a few examples of what it has meant and mean the use of massage oils and cosmetic uses in different cultures.
What is base oil?
Either a base oil (sweet almond butter, Jojoba, etc.), in addition to having beneficial properties for the skin, serves as carrier oil before adding essential oils.
These need to be transported by a carrier oil or base that helps penetrate into the bloodstream.
You may also like to read another article on ShopoMania: Seven yogurt recipes for gourmets who want to eat healthier
What is the best base oils massage?
Although there are many massage oils highlight.
The sweet almond oil…
- It is a great softening and moisturizing for all skin types but especially for dry and scaly.
- It provides elasticity to the skin.
- It has great anti-inflammatory properties.
- Calming effect on irritated skin.
- Delays the onset of the signs of aging.
- It is without doubt one of the massage oils most commonly used.
- Shea butter prevents the formation of stretch marks in pregnancy .
- Nourishes regenerates and smooths wrinkles.
- Ideal for very dry skin and skin problems (psoriasis, eczema, etc.)
Oil Wheat germ
- It provides plenty of vitamin E to the skin with antioxidant and anti-aging properties.
- Ideal for treating aging or dry skin, lack of elasticity.
- Its composition rich in essential fatty acids make it ideal to revitalize the skin and apply treatments sagging.
- It is favorite massage oils in Ayurveda since it nourishes the skin and has sedative effects on the nervous system.
Can I add essential oils to the base oil?
Use essential oils in massage always enhance the effect of the massage, that is, an example: if we use a few drops of essential oil of chamomile and marjoram essential oil on a base of sweet almond oil for a back massage, we benefit its anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxant effects.
You may also like to read another article on ShopoMania: Simple tricks to burn more calories in the treadmill
What is the proper ratio to prepare the massage oils?
100 ml. base oil (almonds, sesame, jojoba, etc.) add in general up to 60 drops of essential oils (oils may be different)
For smaller amounts of massage oils we can consider that a tablespoon of vegetable oil, add 6 drops of essential oil.
Massage oil for muscle pain
- 100 ml. sweet almond oil.
- 20 drops of essential oil (AE) of Manzanilla.
- AE 20 drops Juniper.
- AE 10 drops Marjoram.
- AE 10 drops Lavender.
Mix the oils in a glass jar and protect it from direct sunlight…