We have seen the advantages of a LED bulb compared to a traditional one, but do we know what are the parameters to watch before we use an LED luminaire? It is not only worth the design, the type of thread or cap or price. There are other values that should be monitored.
We are going to spend money to change the lighting in the house and we do not want everything to end up in a fiasco in the end. It is convenient to stop a bit to investigate and determine our needs. Check that the bulbs we choose adapt to them.
- Hours of life: a value that indicates the number of hours that the LED bulb will work correctly.
- Ignition cycles: there are no doubts. This value refers to the number of times we can turn the light on or off.
- Ignition time: is the time that elapses until the bulb reaches 60% of its brightness.
- Compatibility with regulators: we must see if it is compatible with a regulator if we want to use it in this way. Not all are.
Check out this blog Clickmyemails.com
Consumption and efficiency
- Power: is what determines the consumption of the bulb. In the case of LED bulbs these values differ from traditional ones. The same 15 watts equals 60 in a traditional one. What does not change is that the lower the value, the less the bulb will have to spend.
- Equivalence in watts: you have to see the equivalence. We will not buy 60 watts of LED to equal 60 watts of normal bulb. You have to see the equivalences.
- Energy efficiency: determines the ratio of consumption and efficiency of the bulb.
- Efficiency Lumen / watt: The values are as a rule of 40Lm / wa 90Lm / w, being 60 Lm / w the advisable value.
Continue Reading: The new LIFX bulb emits infrared light for your surveillance cameras
Light and color
- Temperature: we already saw it at the time. It is measured in degrees Kelvin and corresponds to the light tone can be colder or warmer. Many, most, can even switch between these tones. The warm light has values between 2800ºK and 3500ºK. Equivalent to the light produced by incandescent bulbs and halogen bulbs. The most used for rooms such as the living room and bedrooms. The neutral light oscillates between 3800ºK and 4500ºK and is considered as the most natural light while the cold light (more than 5000ºK) is equivalent to the light of a very sunny or cloudy day.
- Color rendering index: thanks to a scale between 0 and 100 we can determine the fidelity with natural light. The higher the value, the more light quality the LED bulb gives us.
- Angle of light: the light can be wider or more concentrated. It is the opening angle of the light beam.