You want to sleep better? A good diet can help
Rest well every night is key if we want to look good, take care of health and fitness, so in addition to establishing routines and relax, take a proper diet can be helpful for better sleep daily.
We must not forget that rest well every night can be a weapon against weight gain and is a requirement if we want to burn fat. Also, if we eat less, perform better in our training, prevent dark circles or reduce stress, sleep well is the key, because as we can see, has many more benefits than we think.
How you can help a good diet
The digestive process is a task that requires great attention to our body and demand a considerable amount of energy, and sleep is another fundamental activity for our body, hence both functions simultaneously not produce good results.
If we go to bed as soon as we finished eating and the digestive process will be the right nor the rest will be the best, that’s why diet and rest are so linked.
In addition, certain foods can affect our nervous system stimulating it or calming it down, the latter being those that we prefer and the first that we must avoid if we sleep better.
If we rest every night either because our food (and other factors) permits, we will also achieve perform better, eat better, and more attractive look, then, it is very important to take care of the diet to improve sleep and optimize sleep for good feeding.
The best diet for better sleep
A research conducted with healthy adults found that eating a healthy diet regularly promotes good night’s sleep, while a single day diet low in fiber, high in fat and sugar impairs sleep.
So generally lead a balanced diet in which no missing protein or fiber, but also leftover sugars and fats is key if we want to sleep longer and better.
Also, a very high intake just before sleep can impair our break by requiring all energies of the body to the digestive process, hence it is always advisable to eat light at night and complete intake at least one hour before going to bed.
On the other hand, there are foods that by their effect on the body promote good night’s rest, such as:
- Nuts : it has proven that this nut like others, contains serotonin and melatonin, substances that help relax and regulate the circadian rhythm respectively, so their intake in the last meal of the day can promote sleep.
- Cherries : They have shown reverse insomnia when ingested in the form of juice a while before sleeping, and also are a source of natural antioxidants that can reduce stress on the body.
- Milk or fermented milk : the presence of lactobacillus in these foods was linked to a better night ‘s sleep in older adults, but also milk and its derivatives have an amino acid precursor of serotonin can relax before going to sleep. Then we can drink a glass of milk while before going to bed.
- Kiwi : intake has been found to reduce the time to fall asleep, improve quality and total time of night rest, perhaps by different bioactive compounds possessing.Therefore, it is a fruit that can consume a light dessert dinner to sleep better at night.
- Banana : can promote the production of serotonin in the body, help relax and contribute to the generation of melatonin may also help you sleep better every night.
Clearly, these foods can be part of our regular diet and especially our dinner order to improve the night rest with its intake.
As we have said, is of great importance generally healthy diet on a regular basis, then, to sleep better, it is also recommended to avoid the following factors :
- Abundant meals : by hinder the digestive process can interfere with rest and / or generate upset stomach altering nighttime sleep.
- Excess coffee : its caffeine content, this infusion drink in large quantities can overstimulate the nervous system and produce a reduction in sleep and quality.
- Excessive alcohol : it is also a stimulant of the nervous system that can affect the rest, but also can reduce the levels of serotonin and melatonin to take away B vitamins in the body.